Tourism at Limoges and in Limousin
For those interested, we have tourist information about Limoges and its surroundings, but also in Limousin. Do not also hesitate to ask us about restaurants, shops etc ...
10 kms away from the Chalet is Limoges, historic city and capital of porcelain and enamel. You will discover the great porcelain producers, the porcelain museum, the museum of resistance and fine arts, the cathedral and its old quarter, including the garden of the Diocese in which lies the exciting City of crafts and Arts (museum of the companions of France), the old quarter of the halles(central market), the old bridges, the railway station of the Benedictines, the path along the Vienna ... ..
Finally, it’s impossible to not mention the great Aquapolis water park, which opened in January 2015.
Elsewhere in Limousin
Limousin offers many opportunities for sightseeing. Some examples:
- The place of Oradour sur Glane memory, which hosts one of the largest number of visitors in Limousin.
- Saint-Léonard de Noblat (20 km from Limoges): the porcelain Coquet J.L, the old city, the Moulin du Got.
- The charming little village of Vicq-sur-Breuilh (25km from Limoges) with its chapel of the fifteenth century with painted walls, the Museum and Gardens Cécile Sabourdy the castle.
- Eymoutiers (45 km from Limoges): the old town, the Espace Paul Rebeyrolle, Insect City. And near the beautiful Lake Vassivière.
- Corrèze in the beautiful village of Uzerche (45 minutes by motorway) and (1h15 by motorway) exceptional Collonges la Rouge and Turenne, visit complete by the nearby villages of Meyssac and Curemonte.
- Always in Corrèze landscapes along the Dordogne with the pretty little towns of Argentat and Beaulieu sur Dordogne
- Creuse, its landscapes, its castles, the "Painters Valley" in Crozant ...
- Monts de Blond (with villages such Mortemart or Montrol-Sénard - Village "educational" ...), the Monts d'Ambazac (see splendid mineral museum in Ambazac), castles and ancient villages, Limousin "nature" (hiking, bogs, lakes and forests, landscapes ...) etc ...